Monday, October 19, 2009

It's Positive

It's May 7, 2009 around 5:30pm and I'm waiting for Jeremy to get home from work. I'm quite bored and am trying to pick up around the house when I get a funny feeling that I would like to take another pregnancy test. Now, we had been trying to get pregnant for the past 9 months and I was getting used to the negative tests each month and was just expecting this one to turn out like all the rest. I urinated on the stick and set it aside (normally I watch it like a hawk) and literally forgot about it for about 10 minutes. When I realized that I needed to go check the test, I saw the most amazing thing ever a big blue + positive. A huge wave of excitement, shock, gratefulness and fear came over me. I tried to find my phone and call Jeremy, but oh course I had misplaced it (the one time I needed it the most). Jeremy answered and was waiting in line at Verizon to get a new phone. I really didn't want to tell him the news over the phone but the "I need you to get home now" was recieved very well. He wanted to know why he had to come home now, asking questions like "Are you hurt?", "Can't you just wait a little while?" when I couldn't contain my excitement and I knew he wasn't coming home without a definate answer I had to tell him, "I took another pregnancy test, thinking it was going to be negative but I swear it is postive, We are having a baby!". The next thing I heard was, "I'll be right home".


After I hung up, I ran around the house, screaming and crying and then dropped to my knees to thank God for this wonderful miracle. Jeremy arrived shortly after and walked in with a huge grin on his face. We just embraced each other, and tried to soak up every moment and emotion that came over us.

No comments:

Post a Comment